This article will explain to you how to apply for PTPTN Loan
What are the Minimum Requirements?
Image via SELECCIÓN DE LA HUERTA DIGITAL on Flipboard.com
Many already know PTPTN’s requirements by now, but for those of you who don’t, here is a gentle reminder:
– You are a Malaysian citizen
– Aged not exceeding 45 years on the date of application;
– Get offers to IPTA / IPTS and Polytechnics by fulfilling the entry qualification requirements set by the Ministry of Education Malaysia and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA);
– The courses attended by IPTA / IPTS students and Polytechnics must be approved by the Ministry of Education and registered with PTPTN; *
– For IPTS students, the courses to be followed must obtain the Certificate of Accreditation from the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and remain valid within the validity period of the application date;
– For students who have different qualifications of verification must be obtained from the department or agency as stated above;
– The remaining period of study at the time of application must be not less than one (1) year;
– No other sponsors; and
– You must have an SSPN1M-i ** account before sending in your application
* Only PTPTN-sponsored courses will be registered and listed in the PTPTN Online Application Portal. IPTs need to apply to PTPTN if they wish to obtain a PTPTN loan sponsorship .
** Only 15-digit SSPN1-i accounts can apply for PTPTN. Please contact the nearest PTPTN branch to check the 15 digit SSPN1M-i account number.
Further Read: What is SSPN1M-i For PTPTN and How to Apply
How to apply for PTPTN Loan?
Image via spireoptout.com
To apply for a PTPTN Loan, just follow these 5 Simple steps:
1. Open SSPN1M-i account in Maybank, Bank Rakyat, Bank Islam, Agrobank or any PTPTN branch to get SSPN1M-i account number
2. Open a savings account at a panel bank — you will need to open a savings account with a specific bank based on your choice of institution (IPTS panel banks; IPTA panel banks)
3. Buy a PTPTN number from Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) — this will cost you RM5 and is valid for six months
Buy PTPTN pin numbers at BSN counter, BSN ATM nearby.
Note: The purchase method of PTPTN number at BSN is available at BSN Official Website or at 1300 88 1900.
4. Head to PTPTN’s website to apply online: Click HERE
5. Complete the application form carefully based on the instructions