Many Malaysians are aware of renewing passport online, or at least have heard of this service available online.
But believe it or not, as of today, many Malaysians are still queuing at Immigration Office to get the renewal process done.
and most of the time, this is done at the very last minute, Malaysian style.
In this article, you will learn
- How to renew your passport online step by step
- Passport renewal rates
- Payment method
- How soon can you collect your passport
- Requirement and terms and conditions
- Things to take note
In September 2016, the ‘MyOnline Passport’ system was introduced aimed at forever wiping out the need of early morning queuing up and hours of waiting.
What is MyOnline Passport?
MyONLINE * PASPORT is a facility for Malaysians to apply for the Passport renewal online via the internet.
“With the system, the public can submit their applications online and pick up their passports later the same day”
That was the promise, and yes, it’s very tempting having heard that.
So let’s give it a try.
First of all, you need to understand the terms and conditions of the application.
Here are the requirements for renewing passport online.
Malaysia Passport Renewal Rates
The renewal rates are as follows:
i. Normal Application 13 – 59 years: RM 200
ii. Senior Citizens (60 years and above): RM100
Payment can be made using a credit / direct debit card (FPX).
How soon can you collect your passport?
Applications submitted before 3 pm will be delivered on the same day and application after 3 pm will be delivered at 10 am on the next working day.
Terms and conditions of using MyOnline Passport
1. The applicant must be 13 years old and above who have been issued with e-passport (passport).
2. The applicant needs to fill in the correct and accurate information during the application. If there is any false information / declaration, the application will be rejected and subject to legal action under Section 12 (1) (c) of the Passport Act 1966 (Act 150).
3. For applicants under the age of 18 years: Only legitimate guardians who have given authorization during the previous application are allowed to apply online.
Legitimate guardian must be present at the immigration office upon collection of the passport, applicant must bring along birth cert.
If the guardian is absent, the passport will not be delivered.
4. The applicant must upload a recent passport size photograph.
5. The applicant must be present to collect passport, and to be verified with identity card, existing passport and payment receipt. No representative is allowed.
6. Passport book must be in good condition (not damaged, dotted, exposed to water).
7. A citizen who is prohibited from travelling abroad is not eligible to use the online passport application facility (MyOnline).
Things to take note：
1. The portal is only for renewing passport service, not for new application.
2. The photo size must be 50mm X 35mm.
3. The background of the photo must be in white.
4. Clothes/tudung must be in dark color.
5. When you complete the update service, you must print and keep the receipt.
6. It is recommended to submit application using a computer, using mobile phone may encounter error.
Renew Passport Online – Application procedure
1. Proceed To the official website of the MyOnline Passport:
2. Carefully read the terms and conditions.
3. Scroll down and click agree (setuju)
4. Click ok when it pops up for confirmation.
5. Select applicant age category, enter passport number, ID number, etc.
6. Select the immigration branch to collect your passport
7. Click on Cari
8. Follow the instructions on the website, fill in the information, and upload photo that meets the criteria.
9. Pay by FPX/credit card
10. Print the receipt
11. Get your passport at the immigration branch that you have selected earlier.
and that’s it, this is how you renew passport online!
Share this with your friends and parents so that they don’t have to queue up at Immigration Office for the tedious waiting process anymore!